I made this for lunch one sunny, California afternoon. Mini Chef was home on spring break and the barbecue was just begging to be uncovered and used for the first time this season.
I haven’t had access to my barbecue for quite a while. It’s been at my mom’s because I didn’t have room for it at my apartment. So it was kinda like running into an old friend I hadn’t seen in a long time. I built that barbecue myself, right out of the box. I was pretty proud of that. So it gave me that much more pride to be able to use it again. I know they say barbecues are a man’s territory, but boy do I love my grill! In fact, I can pretty much grill with the best of them!
Mini Chef had been running around the back yard playing with Shasta while I was at the grill. But suddenly things got pretty quiet. I looked all around wondering where they both went and happened upon this:
Mini Chef had crawled under the deck with Shasta where it was nice and cool and the two were snuggling together.
Yep, it was pretty much a perfect, spring afternoon. And this dish was loved by everyone! Except the dog. No onions for the pup!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Taco Chicken Zucchini Pasta
- Clean Eating Root Vegetable Spaghetti with Chicken
- Clean Eating Easy Bake Meatballs (over zucchini noodles)
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided (1 tbsp.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 lb. organic zucchini, spiralized
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, grind up the hazelnuts until you have a fine meal.
- Slowly pulse in the lemon juice, olive oil, water and garlic clove until you have a thick “paste”.
- In a plastic, zipper-top bag, combine the raw chicken breasts, mushrooms, garlic powder and onion powder. Toss gently to coat everything with the oil and spices. Allow to sit while you heat up your barbecue.
- Place your spiralized zucchini in a large mixing bowl and toss with the hazelnut mixture. Set aside.
- Place the chicken on the barbecue and the mushrooms are best cooked in a barbecue skillet or pan so as not to burn them.
- When those are done, Shred or slice the chicken.
- Toss the chicken and mushrooms in with the pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste.