As you can see from the video here, I’ve been making the sage breakfast chops for breakfast lately. And I can’t promise I won’t make them for dinner too. Something about slicing them thin makes them wonderfully easy to work with.
After taking so many safety and sanitation classes over the years, I’m really particular about making sure that my pork is fully cooked. And that’s pretty easy to accomplish when they are sliced so thin.
They also cook up fast! And that’s an important aspect when you’re cooking these for breakfast. Some days I just need to get out of the house fast and these do the trick every time!
Clean Eating Sage Breakfast Chops
(Makes 1 serving)
- 2 breakfast cut pork chops
- 1-2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place oil in a skillet and warm.
- Add the pork chops and cook for about 1-2 minutes, then flip.
- Sprinkle on the spices, leaving some for the other side.
- When the underside is browned, flip chops again and sprinkle on the remaining spices.
- Chops will cook in under 10 minutes. They are done with a meat thermometer reads at least 165 F.
- Serve with your favorite eggs and/or a green smoothie.