I love my spiralizer. I truly do. It can be sort of a pain to do so many pieces of veg, but there is no tastier “pasta” than spiralized vegetables. They easily take on the flavors of herbs and spices and lend their own flavors to the mix. You don’t feel at all like you’re missing out on the regular stuff. It’s really very tasty stuff!
I’ve been experimenting with my eating plan again and needed a naturally low-fat dinner. So I thought I’d do a root vegetable “pasta” with herbs and chicken. It was delicious and I was actually grateful that Mini Chef was with his dad that night because I scarfed it down. Yes, the whole thing. And I was 2 pounds lighter in the morning for it! So no arguments here….
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
- Clean Eating Spaghetti Squash Pesto Spaghetti With Garlic Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
Clean Eating Root Vegetable Spaghetti And Chicken
- 1 large (8 oz.) boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 packed cups (6 oz.) spiralized parsnips (about 2 large parsnips)
- 2 packed cups (6 oz.) spiralized carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth + extra as needed (be sure it’s gluten free if needed)
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme (in addition to the one above)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Bake chicken with the garlic powder (1 tsp. on each breast) and half (1 tsp.) the dried thyme at 350 F. for about 30-40 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least 165 F.
- While the chicken bakes, spiralize your vegetables.
- Combine them in a large skillet with the chicken broth and remaining spices.
- Saute’ until the vegetables have just softened.
- When the chicken is ready, cut it into chunks or shred it, and toss with the veggie pasta.
- Garnish with a bit of fresh parsley if desired before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 2