The thing with junk food, is that there is really no such thing. You either eat junk, or you eat food.
That said, sometimes special occasions call for special treats and the great thing is, those treats can be real food!
While you won’t reach any weight loss goals pigging out on this stuff, it sure is nice to know that when it’s time for a treat, you can at least get some nutrition out of it. Don’t you think? I mean, why eat the fake stuff when the real stuff tastes so good?
Recipe notes: This popcorn is not crunchy. It’s soft and chewy.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Pumpkin Candied Popcorn
(Makes 5 servings)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice, no sugar added if purchased
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels popped on the stove in 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Pop the popcorn in a large pot. Then filter out any un-popped kernels (nothing worse than biting hard on one of those!) and set aside in that same, big pot.
- In a small sauce pan, combine all other ingredients and whisk while you bring it to a soft boil. You should whisk until the pumpkin is completely dissolved. No clumps allowed.
- Pour the sauce over the popcorn and stir until all the popcorn is coated. Place the cooled pot in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- Serve in small bowls. I’ve found that the kids like the stickiness, but adults prefer spoons.