This clean eating Instant Pot cauliflower sweet potato mash is the perfect side dish for almost any comfort food.
If you love comfort foods like meatloaf and other such dishes that require mashed potatoes as a side dish, then I’ve got a fabulous recipe for you today!
No longer do you have to have the same ol’, same ol’ mashed potatoes. These totally kick things up a notch!
WHY GIVE THIS A TRY?
- Sweet potatoes are far more nutritious then white potatoes
- Sweet potatoes are far easier on your blood sugar then white potatoes
- This recipe sneaks in a secret ingredient that is totally nutritious. Cauliflower!
- No, you won’t taste a bunch of cauliflower. The predominant flavor is the sweet potatoes.
- If you have little ones at home, this doubles as a totally delicious and nutritious baby food!
- It has the same consistency as mashed potatoes, but tons more flavor.
- Easily double this recipe for more servings of deliciousness.
- Made in and Instant Pot, it’s a “set it and forget it” type of recipe.
With minimal prep, this “one-pot-meal” is quick and easy and packed with both flavor and nutrition. And yes, it’s absolute comfort food. Yum!
MY INSTANT POT:
I love the 7 in 1 because it has a yogurt-making feature. I haven’t made any yet, but I love that I have the option!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Holiday Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Clean Eating Mock Mashed Potatoes Recipe(Cauliflower mash)
CLEAN EATING INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER SWEET POTATO MASH RECIPE:
A delicious side dish for almost any meal. Great with meatloaf or even as a deliciously nutritious jar of baby food!
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 3 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 12 oz. riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup vegetable broth (no sugar added
- salt to taste
- butter to taste (I used vegan butter, but either will work. Optional, but tasty!)
Pour the oil into the IP insert and press the Saute button.
Add the onions and saute until the onions become translucent and slightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for about 30-60 additional seconds.
Press the off button and add in everything else to the onions. Stir and place the lid on the pot securely. Clove the vent as well.
Press the Manual button and adjust the time to 10 minutes.
When the cooking is done, do a quick release and remove the lid, opening away from you to avoid any steam burning your hand or arm.
Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth.
Season with a little salt and butter to your liking and serve.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.