I spend a small amount of time on Pinterest every day. (Yes, I said small. Don’t laugh.) I saw a photo there of some pizza rollups that immediately got me to thinking how easy it would be to do a clean version and how wonderful they would be as an appetizer for a BBQ or party.
If you load up a plate of these and then serve them with marinara for dipping, how cute would that be? So I got to work and came up with this recipe. I ended up serving it for dinner because I don’t entertain a lot around here. Needless to say, there were no leftovers…
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Pizza Roll Ups
- 1 batch clean eating pizza dough
- 1 jar clean marinara or pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped veggies of choice (zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms…)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Make your pizza dough and roll it out into a rectangular shape.
- Cut the dough into triangles using a pizza cutter.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over each triangle and sprinkle on some veggies.
- Roll up the triangles and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F. for approximately 20 minutes (this can vary depending on how thick and how full the rolls are, so keep an eye on them).
- Allow to cool and serve with more marinara for dipping.