Holy hairballs!!! I did it!!! I FINALLY made a great piece of fish!!! Can you believe it only took me 3 1/2 years to do it?? But I did it! Can you tell I’m doing the Snoopy Dance?
This delicious, gluten free recipe is very soft, has simple and delicate yet delicious flavor thanks to the lime and pecans, and is perfect served with a side of just about any veggie you like. Cauliflower would be an excellent choice here.
And the best part is, Mini Chef loved it! In fact, he had no idea he was eating fish. I let him eat the whole thing before I started to refer to dinner as “fish”. Normally, he won’t touch the stuff.
Of course, it’s debatable as to whether he doesn’t like fish because it’s fish, or because I cooked it. (As I’ve said before, fish is not my strong suit). But any way you cook it, he loved this and he ate 2 pieces to prove it. I hope you’ll enjoy it too!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Pecan Crusted Dover Sole
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1/2 pound Wild caught dover sole fillets
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Zest of one lime
- 1 whole egg
- In a food processor, blend the pecans, garlic powder and lime zest until well ground and blended. Transfer to a plate.
- Break the egg into a bowl large enough to roll the fish fillets in. Whisk a bit to break up the yolk and blend the yolks and whites.
- Dip the fish fillets in the egg and then into the nut mixture. Coat it well and transfer to an oiled baking dish or a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F. for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with a bit of fresh lime juice.