This grilled Moroccan chicken is a heady combination of sweet apricots, herbs and spices. Delicious straight off the grill!
I love my grill. There’s just no way to equal the flavor a grill imparts when you barbecue. It’s just plain magical.
Whether you’re grilling fruits, veggies or meats, you just cannot go wrong!
But I learned something valuable with this recipe. The fruit you use absolutely MUST be sweet! Otherwise, grilling it makes it taste even more sour than it was when it was raw. Trust me. Learn from my mistakes. You don’t want non-sweet apricots for this. I promise.
Other than that, this was absolutely delish!
MOROCCAN SPICED CHICKEN
This dish can be made with any type of chicken you prefer. I chose tenders because of their texture right off the grill. But you can use drumsticks, chicken breasts, pretty much any cut you want to use. Just be sure to coat them well with spices and you’ll be good to go!
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE:
Grilled Moroccan Chicken Recipe
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium orange (juice only)
- 1 tbsp. honey (optional if the orange is not very sweet)
- 2 lbs. raw chicken tenders
- 1 lb. apricots (washed and quartered)
- chopped, roasted almonds for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large food-safe bag, mix well and let sit in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- Grill as usual, but separate the apricots and the chicken on the grill. The apricots will finish cooking much quicker than the chicken. So you want to be able to remove them first.
- Top with chopped, roasted almonds if you like.