So I promised you guys I’d do more recipes for these waffle omelets and I like to keep my promises. You also know I have a serious love for any Mexican-style dish. So this recipe was a match made in heaven!
I really work to keep breakfast interesting some days. But recipes like this make it just a little too easy much of the time. And thank goodness for that! Plus I got a new waffle iron for Christmas that I’m absolutely in love with. So I was a very happy girl in the kitchen the other morning when I made these.
These are great because you can freeze them, pop them in the toaster and be out the door. Or, you can warm them in a toaster oven, and slather them with clean toppings for a more casually paced morning. Either way, it’s great to have something really flavorful to get your day started.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Mexican-Style Waffle Omelets
(Makes approximately 6 standard waffles)
- 6 whole eggs, large
- 1/4 cup sliced olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup organic, frozen corn.
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Fresh, chopped tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
- Hand grated cheddar cheese
- Guacamole or Greek yogurt
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the waffle ingredients and whisk thoroughly to blend.
- Oil your waffle maker and pour the batter in like you would with regular waffles.
- If you will be freezing these, be sure not to overcook them as they will cook a bit further when in the toaster. But do be sure they are fully cooked.
- Top with optional toppings and breakfast is served.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)