These clean eating holiday gingerbread man pita chips are perfect for holiday dips for holiday parties!
I love the flavors that come from my oven this time of year. All those traditional Christmas flavors and aromas that greet at every turn as I dance my way around the kitchen.
Yes, I dance. Now that I have a kitchen big enough to move without stubbing my toe, I make it a point to dance. Dancing with holiday aromas is a marvelous way to spend an afternoon! And Mini Chef, my dancing partner, agrees.
These delicious clean eating chips are fabulous served with apple sauce, a sweet yogurt dip or even some nut butter. They taste like cinnamon pita chips with a little hint of something extra. And if you’re really looking to kick things up a notch, serve them with my clean eating peanut butter fruit dip! Crazy delicious!!
Serve this at your next holiday gathering as an appetizer, snack or even a light dessert. But be careful, these are strangely addictive!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING HOLIDAY GINGERBREAD MAN PITA CHIPS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Holiday Gingerbread Man Pita Chips
- 6 standard whole wheat pita bread (I get mine at Trader Joes)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp. Sucanat (affiliate link) (powdered in a grinder or small blender)
- 2 tbsp. almond oil (or other light flavored oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Use a gingerbread man shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the pita bread. Pull the layers apart so you get 2 pieces from every cut. You can stack the pita bread to do multiples at one time.
- Put parchment down on a cookie sheet and lay out the gingerbread men in a single layer.
- Mix up the spices and sweetener, brush oil on your chips with a basting brush and sprinkle on the spices.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve.