I love zucchini bread. But these days, my blood sugar just can’t handle all the excess grains. So I thought I’d try my hand at a grain free zucchini bread-style cookie. They are great for the holidays or just about any occasion! And the greatest part is, you don’t even realize you’re eating veggies!!
The trick to these is the cheesecloth. You have to get as much liquid out of that grated zucchini as possible. But it’s not hard and it’s a great reason to buy yourself some cheesecloth if you don’t have any!! (Psst… it doubles as a really great spider web for Halloween decorations!)
If you’ve never worked with cheesecloth before, fear not. It’s as simple as putting something in a towel and wringing it out. Easy! And these cookies still have plenty of moisture and great, spiced flavor! Those pecans really put them over the top…
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING GRAIN FREE ZUCCHINI BREAD COOKIES RECIPE:
Clean Eating Zucchini Bread Cookies
- 1 medium zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups fine ground almond flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 cup sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (chopped small to fine)
- Grate the zucchini, then transfer to a cheese cloth, pull it together and wring out the zucchini over the sink. You'll be surprised how much water comes out! Get as much liquid out as you can. The drier the better!
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop your cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten gently with a fork.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.