This delicious Clean Eating Grain Free Irish Spice Bread makes an awesome dessert!
A few years back, my mom took Mini Chef and me to Ireland with her for three weeks. Some of you may remember my blog posts from then. I filled them with as many details of our trip as I could fit into a blog post.
Now that my mom has passed, I find myself thinking about that trip a lot. It was such a wonderful time. But out of everything we did in those three weeks and all the amazing places we saw, what I remember most is sitting around the kitchen table at the apartment we rented in Cobh (pronounced, “cove”). I made dinner in that little kitchen every night, and then called my mom and Mini Chef in to eat. It was such a cozy atmosphere and we laughed so much about the silliest things. It was an easy going time that I will never forget as long as I live.
While I was on that trip, I published several Irish-inspired recipes, and Clean Eating Irish Spice Bread was one of those recipes.
I loved the spice combination in that bread so much. It really reminded me of the holiday season in Germany! (Or probably many places in Europe). The food there seems to have a whole different level of flavor.
But many of you that follow my blog here are Paleo, grain free and/or dairy free for many reasons. So today I’m sharing a recipe for a grain free version of this delicious Clean Eating Grain Free Irish Spice Bread. Seriously, I think I love this stuff way more than zucchini bread. So delicious! In fact, it would make a great gift!
At the very least, it’ll make an excellent dessert.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING GRAIN FREE IRISH SPICE BREAD RECIPE:
This recipe was adapted from a Food.com recipe.
Clean Eating Grain Free Irish Spice Bread Recipe
- 3 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 oz. coconut sugar
- 2 large lemons (zest only)
- 6 oz. golden raisins
- 4 oz. coconut oil (melted over low heat, then cooled enough to touch)
- 6 oz. honey
- 2 large eggs (beaten with a fork)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the flour, baking soda, ginger, coconut sugar, raisins, lemon zest, cinnamon and cloves. Stir well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the coconut oil, honey, eggs and coconut milk.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour and stir until you have a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into oiled loaf pans. DO NOT fill the loaf pans more than half full or they will rise over and spill out.
- Place the bread pans on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until you can stick a knife in the middle and pull it out clean.
- Note that you may have to cover this loosely with foil to keep the top from burning as it gets closer to the end of the baking time.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and turn over onto a flat surface.
- Slice and serve.