This homemade fudge recipe is easy to make with minimal ingredients and it makes a great gift!
Tis the season…. to eat fudge!
Healthy, homemade fudge. Couldn’t you just do the Snoopy Dance in your driveway?
I could, but maybe that’s just me. I’m a little odd that way.
But then, this is fudge. Clean eating fudge. How many times do you get to put those words together in the same sentence?
Here’s how this came about….
I found a recipe on Food.com for clean eating fudge not too long ago, and decided to give it a try. The texture came out well, but the flavor left a lot to be desired. In fact, all I tasted was coconut, coconut, and more coconut.
Now, I don’t know about you, but when I think of a good homemade fudge recipe, I think of mouth-watering, flavor explosions that send me into fits. That should be a common experience among fudge eaters in my humble opinion. I mean, why eat it if it doesn’t send you straight to heaven?
So I fiddled with the recipe a bit, and wouldn’t you know it, I ended up with TWO recipes that sent me right up to cloud 9. I mean, I had the little wings, the white dress, the harp and everything. And oh ya, I had fudge. Clean eating fudge.
Need I say more?
MORE HOMEMADE DESSERT RECIPES:
HOMEMADE FUNDGE RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (may need to be warmed slightly. NOT melted, warmed.)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. bourbon vanilla extract (regular extract works too)
For Orange Fudge Add:
- 4 tsp. orange extract
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
For Mint Fudge Add:
- 1 tsp. good quality mint extract (Get good quality extract. It makes all the difference)
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Place in a small (usually square) dish and place in the fridge to firm. (The Tupperware dish I used measured 5-1/2 X 5-1/2 inches.)
- Chill for 2 hours, then cut. These are rich, so cut them small. I cut mine 6 times in both directions. (approximately 3/4" squares)
- Note: If you'd like to make both flavors, double the base recipe. When mixed, divide in half and add your flavoring.