I love my Vitamix. But there are times when it is just too powerful for the job at hand. That said, sometimes, mistakes are a beautiful thing.
I put all the fresh ingredients listed below in my Vitamix foolishly thinking that I could gently blend everything into a beautiful pizza sauce. Ha! What I got was pink tomato juice!
But all was not lost. I simply added a can of clean tomato sauce, and I ended up with a lovely sauce that was about the consistency of marinara.
I will say that if you want a thicker sauce, simply use 1 to 2 of those small cans of tomato paste instead. But I don’t mind a runnier sauce.
I will say that this is definitely FRESH. So don’t expect a traditional pizza sauce. This is definitely a fresh-from-the-garden pizza sauce. And boy was it wonderful!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Fresh From The Blender Pizza Sauce
(Makes approximately 6 cups)
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes (about 4 cups chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 tbsp. dried
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, no sugar added, low sodium is best (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Blend together everything but the tomato sauce. Don’t blend for very long. You don’t want to make juice. This should be just slightly chunky.
- Mix in the tomato sauce by stirring it in and pour half the batch over a large pizza.