This delicious, fiesta macaroni salad is perfect for a twist on taco Tuesdays!
As many of you know, I lurv Mexican food. Yes, I said “lurv”. The good stuff is often the perfect balanced of cooked and fresh. Like a fine taco, you have that wonderful blend of cooked meat, a crispy shell and fresh lettuce and cilantro. It pleases the palette on many levels.
While I haven’t completed culinary school yet, the few classes I was fortunate enough to take before my mom got sick taught me a lot about singular flavors and balancing textures. I know I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go before I can call myself a true chef, but culinary school really did open up my mind to the amazing world of ingredients in a way that I didn’t know was possible.
This dish can be enjoyed as a vegetarian meal or you can add some shredded chicken. In this dish, you’ll find a wonderful balance of both cooked and fresh, raw ingredients as well as a wide variety of textures and flavors. They all come together in delicious Mexican-style pasta dish.
Plus, if you’ve prepped your veggies ahead of time, this dish comes together incredibly quickly and easily!
MORE HEALTHY PASTA RECIPES:
FIESTA MACARONI SALAD RECIPE:
Clean Eating Fiesta Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. whole grain macaroni (or other pasta)
- 1 lb. frozen, organic corn
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 3/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (optional, but tasty)
- 1/2 cup grated, sharp white cheddar cheese (hand grate at home)
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- fresh cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Cook the pasta to package directions.
- In the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, add the frozen corn to the boiling pasta and continue cooking until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Strain and return to pot or pour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in all other ingredients, using cilantro as garnish after serving.