This clean eating dark chocolate chip C blast ice cream recipe packs a nice little vitamin C punch!
What would summer be without ice cream? But lets face it, regular ice cream is not always clean, and definitely not something you can eat on a regular basis if you are trying to reach particular health goals.
That is, unless you make clean eating ice cream at home. Grant it, you can’t go completely hog wild with fruit either. It’s important to keep a balance. But when the summer days are hot and all you can think about is something cold and delicious to eat, it’s good to know you don’t have to break your eating plan to do it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP C BLAST ICE CREAM RECIPE:
Clean Eating Dark Chocolate Chip Vitamin C Blast Ice Cream
- 1 cup sliced, frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (thawed slightly before blending)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or cocoa nibs)
- In a food processor, blend the bananas, strawberries, pineapple and water.
- When you have a smooth consistency, check the flavor. Feel free to adjust by adding more of a particular fruit. I find that if the berries were not very sweet, adding a little extra pineapple really goes a long way.
- Once the flavor is to your liking, pulse in the chocolate chips or cocoa nibs and serve.