This clean eating curried root vegetable soup recipe is perfect for cooler weather.
Autumn is very nearly upon us and the root veggies are out in full force in the stores. While it’s a little early to be “seasonal”, it sure got me in the mood for turning leaves, pumpkins and big, comfy sweaters.
Root veggies are a quintessential part of the colder months, and for good reason.
WHY EAT MORE ROOT VEGETABLES?
- They have tons of vitamin C, A and B
- They also have tons of antioxidants
- You’ll find lots of fibers in root veggies
- They are filling
It’s been credited with aiding digestion, helping fight cancer and even controlling blood sugar! I don’t know how accurate those claims are, but one of the main ingredients is turmeric, and turmeric has had tons of studies done on it. It’s good for so many things! But at the end of the day, it’s that heady combination of aromatic, earth spices that gets me every time.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING CURRIED ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE:
Clean Eating Curried Root Vegetable Soup
- 6 cups vegetable broth (no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 lb. baby carrots
- 2 cups sliced leeks (peeled)
- 2 cups chopped sweet potatoes (peeled)
- 2 cups sliced parsnips (peeled)
- salt to taste after cooking
- Cook everything in a large pot with a lid on it until the vegetables are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth and serve.