This clean eating cinnamon apple bread is wonderful straight from the oven!
This is not a loaf style bread. This is a casserole dish. Something more along the lines of bread pudding. It’s the type of thing you eat whipped cream or apple sauce with. It’s supposed to be a tad bit dry on it’s own, but pretty darn delicious with some extra toppings. I topped mine with Clean Eating Dulche De Leche!
This recipe is adapted from The Country Cooking of Ireland cookbook.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING CINNAMON APPLE BREAD RECIPE:
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup Sucanat (affiliate link)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oil (light flavored oil like grape seed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 medium cooking apples (peeled, cored and chopped fine)
- 1 large egg (beaten with a fork)
- Dulce De Leche for topping (options, but wonderful)
Preheat to 350.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sucanat and cinnamon.
Stir in the oil, apple sauce, apples and egg.
Scrape into a 9X13 baking dish and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until a knife inserted into the middle pulls out clean.
Please note that the nutrition data given here is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible. Data does not include optional topping sauce.