Queso Dip Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This queso dip recipe is perfect for parties, get-togethers or just for a relaxed night at home.
It’s taken me a long time to work up the nerve to post this recipe. So many people out there are still focused on reducing fat in their diets that I wasn’t sure this would be very well received. I think most people figure that if they are going to eat queso, they might as well enjoy the chemical-filled stuff they’ve come to love.
But here’s the thing with clean eating. It’s not complicated. All you do is switch out a few ingredients most of the time. Why put all those chemicals in your body if you don’t have to? Especially when you can still enjoy a good bowl of queso!
Now I don’t do dairy myself anymore because I’m allergic. But Mini Chef’s birthday was coming up and we were having a big Harry Potter birthday for him. Most of the menu was English just to stay true to the book. But my little guy made some requests that involved corn chips. (He loves my guacamole!) So I thought I’d test this out on multiple people and see how well received it would be.
That pot of queso was gone before I could blink! I guess people really liked it. A few even asked for the recipe! So while I haven’t tried it myself, 30 people will vouch for the fact that it was good stuff. So next time you have a party, just pull out a small slow cooker let the ooey-gooey melting begin!
Recipe notes: Because this is made with all natural ingredients, it won’t sit in “warm mode” for hours upon hours. At some point, it does start to separate. So try to make this as close to the time you serve it as possible. Thankfully, it comes together pretty quickly.
MORE HEALTHY DIP RECIPES:
QUESO DIP RECIPE:
Queso Dip Recipe
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can jalapeños, minced OR 1 (4 oz. can) green chilis, drained
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional if you like the extra spice)
- ½ small tomato, chopped fine
- In a small slow cooker (mine is 1 quart. If you have a larger slow cooker, you'll need to multiply the recipe enough to fill your slow cooker at least half way), combine all ingredients except the tomatoes.
- Cook on low for about 1 hour. Lift lid, stir, and cover again to cook for another 1/2 hour. When finished, stir in the tomatoes.
- Set your slow cooker to the "warm" setting and serve.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry® archives, originally posted 10/1/17.