As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These clean eating Asian style portobello mushroom turkey burgers are the perfect way to add a little something extra to your next burger night!
Oh, I do love a good burger in summer! Whether it’s barbecued, baked, or broiled, something about a homemade burger lets you know that it’s officially summer.
And with the heat we’ve been having here as of late, let’s just say that there is absolutely NO question that summer has arrived.
I will admit that when I created this recipe, it was nowhere near as hot outdoors as it is now. Making these for tonight’s dinner would definitely happen on the grill, not the oven. But either way, you make them; they rock!
More Healthy Burger Recipes
Asian Style Portobello Mushroom Turkey Burgers Recipe Card
Asian Style Portobello Mushroom Turkey Burgers
- 1¼ lb. ground turkey
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1¼ cups finely chopped portobello mushrooms (about ½ a very large mushroom)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seed (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- Form into 5 equally sized burger patties.
- Place patties on a parchment lined baking sheet (The parchment makes for easier clean up).
- Bake at 350°F. for 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and serve.
- Note that you can also barbecue these. Simply grill until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F. on a meat thermometer.