I love when my slow cooker makes dinner for me. But I love it even more when it turns out this delicious!!
The reason I like slow cookers so much is because of the texture that meats have when they’ve been slow cooking for hours. They end up totally moist and delicious! This recipe was a joy to create and my family loved it.
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup red onions, minced
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp. arrowroot powder or organic cornstarch (optional for thickening sauce)
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Brown rice for serving
- 1 green onion, (green part only) sliced thin for garnish
- Sauté the garlic and onions, in a medium skillet, in the oil until the onions are translucent.
- Whisk in the tamari (or coconut amigos), honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, water and half of the sesame seeds.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes. If you want thicker sauce, whisk in arrowroot powder or cornstarch now.
- Put the chicken in the bottom of the crock and ladle the sauce over it.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours. The chicken will shred easily by simply stirring or using two forks to shred.
- Serve over brown rice and sprinkle remaining sesame seeds over the top for garnish and extra flavor.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
Number of servings (yield): 3-6