This post brought to you in collaboration with R.W. Knudsen Family®.
All opinions are my own.
There aren’t a whole lot of clean eating products on the market. A lot of clean eaters make a lot of things from scratch. That’s not to say we don’t all have certain convenience foods we use regularly, but for the most part, things get made from scratch.
One of the few things I sometimes buy and cook with are juices. The ones that are 100% juice can add a ton of flavor to your food. I don’t drink juice by the glassful any longer, but the art of cooking with juices can be intoxicating in the flavor department.
I was inspired by the autumn weather we are having here at the moment. All that crisp, cool air coupled with squashes and pomegranates in the grocery store really got me thinking about ways to include these healthy fruits and veggies into my dinner along with some autumn-inspired juice flavors that the Knudsen company sent to me to try out. I had never tried these flavors so I was really excited to give them a try.
Carnitas are a favorite meal in this house, so I decided I would put all that Autumn flare into a new carnitas recipe, and boy am I glad I did!
I used these two juices from R.W. Knudsen Family®. Apple Ginger and Cider & Spice. Both juices were absolutely delicious and truly added fall flare to the meal, although I have to say that my favorite of the two was the Cider & Spice. It’s made with 100% juice from ripe, whole apples, and naturally flavored with allspice, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel and orange peel.
R.W. Knudsen Family® has produced quality, all-natural juice products since 1961. Its offerings include more than 100 types of organic fruit and vegetable juices and specialty items. Their products are made without artificial flavors or preservatives, and are exclusively fruit juice sweetened.
Give this a try for your next Taco Tuesday dinner. You won’t be sorry!
ENTER TO WIN THESE JUICES!
The R.W. Knudsen Family® is offering one lucky winner 1 bottle of each flavor! USA residents only please. Please see giveaway rules here.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Harvest Tacos De Carnitas
- 1/2 cup R.W. Knudsen Family® Apple Ginger Juice
- 1/2 cup R.W. Knudsen Family® Cider And Spice Juice
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. black pepper corns
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup sweet apple, chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash cubes (cut small – about 1/4 to 1/2 inch max)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless pork loin roast
- Fresh spinach, chopped and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Place all ingredients except the pork loin into the slow cooker and give it a good stir to combine.
- Then nestle the pork loin into the middle of the veggies, turning it over a few times to get the spices and juices all over the pork.
- Cool on low for 5-7 hours or until the pork easily falls apart when stirred or shredded with forks.
- Serve on warmed corn tortillas with a handful of spinach and sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.
Number of servings (yield): 2-3