I know, I know. The thought of cinnamon and chicken didn’t sound very appetizing to me either at first.
But man am I glad I tried it! In fact, I only got a small bowl of it because everyone around here scarfed it down so fast. You’ll have to trust me on this. It’s good!
And I should also mention that it is “Mini Chef Approved” which is saying something around here! It was simple to put together with easy-to-find ingredients and made enough for leftovers the next day. I enjoyed the last of it for lunch and can’t wait to make it again. Give it a try!
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Cinnamon Chicken
(Makes approximately 20 servings)
- 5 raw, skinless, boneless chicken breasts (approximately 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- Place the sliced carrots in the bottom of the slow cooker’s ceramic insert.
- Place your raw chicken on top of that.
- Put everything else on top and turn on the pot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken easily falls apart when poked at with a fork. (Internal temperature should be a minimum of 165 degrees F.)