I’m really having fun with this protein bar thing. The last batch I made was cinnamon chocolate chip and it was pretty tasty. So I just had to try another favorite, pumpkin spice.
I should tell you that these bars are not “cookie sweet”. So don’t expect that. They have a very mild and subtle sweetness to them. But the pumpkin flavor is pretty pronounced.
But they are filling and I usually enjoy them with a glass of mildly sweetened almond milk. The combo is delicious and I feel pretty full afterwards.
You can add some extra sweetness if you want it by adding about a 1/2 to 1 tsp. pure liquid stevia to give the sweetness of the honey a little extra punch. But outside of that, I would just enjoy them as they are meant to be.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars
(Makes 15 bars)
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (the 3 minute kind)
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use creamy)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (I used canned and organic)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup unflavored whey protein powder (amazon affiliate link)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice, no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast your oats for 10-15 minutes on a cookie sheet (Or until they turn a nice golden brown). Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread dough to 1/2 inch thickness in a baking dish or 1/2 sized cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough has a nice golden brown appearance.
- Allow to cool. Slice into bars and store in a Tupperware container or Ziploc bag.