Nut crusted chicken is an all time favorite around my house. Every time I make it, everyone is happy at the dinner table.
You just can’t go wrong when you replace bread crumbs with freshly ground nuts. The flavor is fabulous!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating BBQ Tandoori Chicken
- Clean Eating Chicken Souvlaki
- Clean Eating Chicken In Lemon Caper Sauce
Clean Eating Nut Crusted Baked Chicken
(Makes 3 medium chicken breasts)
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients (except chicken and egg whites) to the food processor.
- Blend together until you have a nice crumbly mixture (will be slightly wet).
- Set up your assembly line so that everything is on it’s own plate. Put chicken on one plate, egg whites on another, and the mixture on yet another so you can grab your chicken, roll it in egg whites, then in the mixture, and put it right on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- You should end up with something that looks like this. If you did, then you’re ready to put the chicken in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. until the chicken reaches 160 degrees F. on a meat thermometer (on average, about 30 minutes).
(Data is for 1 chicken breast)
Total Fat: 16 gm
Saturated Fats: 3 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 49 gm
Sodium: 986 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 gm
Dietary fiber: 2 gm
Sugars: 1 gm
Protein: 24 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 0
Please Note: Nutritional Information estimated at Nutritiondata.com. Data may not be accurate and is subject to the availability of specific foods in their database. Where one ingredient is not listed, substitutions must be used. Therefore, you should not refer to this data as being exact. It’s more of a ballpark figure. The Gracious Pantry does not take responsibility for the inadequacies of the nutrition calculator used. This data is provided as a courtesy and general reference only. It is not exact.