This was actually my mom’s recipe. She taught me to make this about #@*# years back and I could never come up with something that was better than her recipe. So instead of reinventing the wheel, I swallowed my teenage pride and paid attention to how she made it.
Glad I did too! Nut crusted chicken is an all time favorite around my house. Every time I make it, everyone is happy at the dinner table, including mom! You just can’t go wrong when you replace bread crumbs with freshly ground nuts. The flavor is fabulous!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating BBQ Tandoori Chicken
- Clean Eating Chicken Souvlaki
- Clean Eating Chicken In Lemon Caper Sauce
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients (except chicken and egg whites) to the food processor.
- Blend together until you have a nice crumbly mixture (will be slightly wet).
- Set up your assembly line so that everything is on it's own plate. Put chicken on one plate, egg whites on another, and the mixture on yet another so you can grab your chicken, roll it in egg whites, then in the mixture, and put it right on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- You should end up with something that looks like this. If you did, then you're ready to put the chicken in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. until the chicken reaches 160 degrees F. on a meat thermometer (on average, about 30 minutes).