Few things start your morning off with as much flavor as a good granola. This was actually meant to be a cookbook recipe, but I thought I’d share it here on my blog instead.
It’s got wonderful, cinnamon-packed flavor and is very filling as well. I had mine with some homemade almond milk and a touch of honey. It was pure bliss!
The great thing about homemade granolas is that you can give them as gifts! This would be wonderful for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, just about any holiday really. Package it up in a plastic bag or jar and add a pretty bowl or spoon and you’ve got a really unique gift!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Maple Cinnamon Granola
- 5 1/3 cups (510g) raw, traditional rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. unsulphured molasses
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Lightly oil two standard-sized cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients by kneading with your hands.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown, making sure to stir occasionally during baking.
Number of servings (yield): Approximately 5 1/4 cups