Oh my. This is just so delicious and refreshing! Perfect for a holiday part or gathering.
I simply adore cranberries. Any way I can get them, I’m a happy girl. What I like best about this salsa is that the pineapple and apple takes off just enough of the sourness from the cranberries, without making the whole thing really sweet. It’s a really nice balance of sweet and sour. Add to that a little kick from the onions and jalapeno and you’ve got yourself one very tasty snack or appetizer!
The wheels are already turning for other recipes I can make with this. Shrimp, fish, chicken…. the list could be endless. In fact, I think even some muffins might be good with this! Oh dear, I better simmer down. I’m a little overexcited about this. But can you blame me? IT’S CRANBERRIES!!!!! And I do LOOOOOVE cranberries. (In case I didn’t mention it before….)
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Cranberry Rainbow Chard
- Clean Eating Cranberry Butter
- Clean Eating Coconut Cranberry Almond Chicken
Clean Eating Cranberry Salsa
- 1 cup chopped fine, fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped fine, frozen pineapple (fresh works, but frozen is easier to chop)
- 1/2 cup chopped fine, apple
- 1/2 cup chopped fine, cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fine, red onion
- 1/2 chopped fine jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Splash of fresh squeezed orange juice (optional)
- Chop everything as fine as you can get it and mix it all together! Server with organic corn chips or even shrimp! Works great as a simple side dish too.
(Data is for the entire recipe)
NOTE: I’m giving you the data for the entire recipe. Simply divide by the number of servings you use.
Total Fat: 1 gm
Saturated Fats: 0 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 14 mg
Carbohydrates: 52 gm
Dietary fiber: 10 gm
Sugars: 33 gm
Protein: 3 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 12
PLEASE NOTE: Nutritional Information estimated at Nutritiondata.com. Data may not be accurate and is subject to the availability of specific foods in their database. Where one ingredient is not listed, substitutions must be used. Therefore, you should not refer to this data as being exact. It’s more of a ballpark figure. The Gracious Pantry does not take responsibility for the inadequacies of the nutrition calculator used. This data is provided as a courtesy and general reference only. It is not exact.