For this low carb version, the glaze or frosting turns out a little different. It’s thinner and requires that you cool it a bit before applying it to your cupcakes. I used it while it was still a little hot, and this is what they look like when that happens. You have to find that magic temperature that allows you to spread it over the cupcake.
Please note that I made this second batch with cupcake papers. I do not recommend this. The chocolate makes it stick to the paper!
Clean Eating Low Carb Chocolate Glazed Cupcakes
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. pure liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. pure liquid stevia
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the cupcake ingredients.
- The coconut oil will leave clumps, but this is okay. Just break them up the best you can with the whisk while mixing.
- Pour batter in equal amounts into a greased standard-sized muffin pan. Silicon pans are best for this, but non-stick works too.
- Bake at 350 F. for approximately 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of a cupcake pulls out clean.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- While the cupcakes cook, warm the glaze ingredients in a small sauce pot, stirring constantly until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Allow it to cool slightly, or until it reaches the consistency you prefer.
- Spoon the glaze over the cupcakes and transfer the cupcakes to the fridge.
- Once the glaze has hardened a bit, they are ready to serve.
- Note, these are yummy with the glaze not chilled too.
Number of servings (yield): 12