This recipes comes together quickly and has a wonderful blend of very simple flavors. Nothing overwhelming, just a delicate balance of deliciousness. A perfect breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner, the pears will satisfy your sweet tooth and need for healthy carbs while the protein fills you up and keeps you going. It’s a wonderful combination. Just be sure to use fresh rosemary and chop it fine. If you have the time, you can let the chicken salad marinate a bit before filling your pears. But it’s not necessary. This will be tasty either way.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Chicken Stuffed Pears
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can chicken (or 12.5 oz. home cooked, shredded chicken)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh, chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons juice sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 large, perfectly ripe pears
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken, rosemary, cranberries and walnut pieces.
- Cut your pears in half and scoop out JUST the seeds and middle section, being sure to leave as much of the flesh in tact as possible.
- Now scoop out some of the flesh from the pears and add that to the chicken as well. Leave at least 1/4 – 1/3 inch thickness in the pear halves.
- Stir until well combined.
- Fill the pear halves with chicken salad and serve.